cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write collection action is not working in control room

DilipK
Level 3
Hi Team,

The process is designed in such a way that at the end of each session the excel report is being generated(only the exception items are being reported) and stored in common shared folder. I have used write collection action in MS Excel VBO to achieve this , while debugging it is working fine as expected(all the exception items are being written in the excel sheet). The tricky part is that If I run same process in control room by drag and drop the  same process into  resource PC, the excel report is not being generated instead I get the blank report. Did anyone faced this kind of issue before? Please advise

Thank you!

------------------------------
Dilip K

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, Dilip,

did you get any message in your log? When you use Show action do you see the excel being opened when you run from Control room?

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague

Hi,

I did not get any error log. When I checked the process log today ,collection(write collection) outputs rows are empty reason being none of the items are being written. I am unsure  why the collection is giving empty.

Regards,
Dilip K

Dilip K

Hello, Dilip,

could you set logging on the stage where you write collection to excel and in the log you should see the values which should be written. How about calling Show action from MS Excel VBO - does it launch excel instance? Are you sure you are creating the same excel or opening the right excel? Can you take screen shot of your process and action where you write it? Without any information from log it is quite difficult to find the root cause.

Regards,

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague