cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation Training BP code - Change of Circumstance

Chee_YewThing
Level 4
Hi team,
I found the Change of Circumstance BP Code is outdated when I try to use it for Interact 4.5 , anyone having the latest code?

For example, the existing process called Update Config in Utility - Interact API, but the VBO seem updated, we require manually change it. 

Thanks in advance.
32841.png

------------------------------
Chee Yew Thing
5 REPLIES 5

AlfredLau
Staff
Staff
Hi Yew Thing,

The "Utility - Interact API" VBO for Interact 4.5 can be downloaded here under step 3 "Unzip and import the Interact API Service release file":

https://portal.blueprism.com/node/72655

Let me know if this resolves it.

Thanks.

Alfred Lau

Alfred Lau
Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Alfred Lau Professional Services Consultant Blue Prism

Thanks Alfred,  yup I am also using this version of Interact API, but the Change of Circumstance BP Code (Change of Circumstance - fresh install) downloaded from the BP University (Blue Prism Interact Foundation Course) may be outdated, which cause the BP code unable to direct connect with the object needed in Interact VBO. 

Do you or your team having the latest version of Change of Circumstance BP Code which shown in the screen below?

32831.png

Chee Yew Thing

Hi Yew Thing,

I see the issue now. Your understanding is correct – the exercise package "Change of Circumstances" zip was created based on Interact 4.0. The package has not been updated to the current Interact 4.5. There are 2 approaches to complete this training exercise.

First, you may import the VBO Utility – Interact API from version 4.0. You would be doing the exercise as if you were on 4.0 and this is allow the "BP code to directly connect to the object" as you put it. I don't recommend this as you would not be developing in 4.0 in your actual project anyway.

Or second (I recommend this), select the actions available in the VBO Utility – Interact API version 4.5. For example, in your screenshot, instead of using the action "Update Config" in 4.0, use the action "Change Field State to Read Only" in 4.5. The deprecated actions in 4.0 are not long available and it should be fairly obvious which are the new ones to use in 4.5. Give this a try. If necessary, don't hesitate to ask in this this thread which new actions are to be used.

Alfred Lau
Professional Services Consultant
Blue Prism
Alfred Lau Professional Services Consultant Blue Prism

Thanks @AlfredLau, all set, picked option2.

I have done the modification and manage to run, as the return, I also attached the code modified by me incase anyone want it.

Chee Yew Thing

Attached the file

Chee Yew Thing