cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foundation training - consolidation exercise, linking file to data item.

FedericoMauri
Level 3

Good afternoon, everyone!
I am doing consolidation exercises of foundation training and am trying to create process as described in the slides.

33270.png
File excel (Orders.csv) will be the input of this process. But how can I insert the file path inside data item?

------------------------------
Federico Mauri
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

jhogelp
Level 8
Hi! Federico M. 

In the Action Open Worbook in the input parameters: 

handle: Data Item [Handle] (This value is obtained from the Action Create Instance Parameters output)
File name: Data Item [File Path] (The value is file path example: C:\Orders.csv)

If you want to change the path of the Data Item File Path, you can open it and change the Initial Value (Data Properties) with the new path and click the Ok button to save the changes

I hope this help!!

Cheers
33264.png

33265.png

Jhogel Ponne
Senior RPA
Ernst & Young
America/Panama

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jhogelp
Level 8
Hi! Federico M. 

In the Action Open Worbook in the input parameters: 

handle: Data Item [Handle] (This value is obtained from the Action Create Instance Parameters output)
File name: Data Item [File Path] (The value is file path example: C:\Orders.csv)

If you want to change the path of the Data Item File Path, you can open it and change the Initial Value (Data Properties) with the new path and click the Ok button to save the changes

I hope this help!!

Cheers
33264.png

33265.png

Jhogel Ponne
Senior RPA
Ernst & Young
America/Panama

NrupalJoshi
Level 5
Hi Federico

Not sure I truly understand your question, but if your excel file is residing on a different path on your computer, just shift right click on your folder and copy as path. You can then open the data item and change the path in the "current value" field.
33268.png

Hope this helps

Rup Joshi
Rup Joshi