cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Launching Mainframe Application

ahawq
Level 2

Hi,
I'm having an issue re-launching mainframe in Blue Prism after closing out the session and hoping for some guidance as my Mainframe knowledge is limited...

The automation I'm working on launches mainframe, logs in and navigates through a series of screens to read data before updating a database with this data - this is all working fine.

But...the automation is coded so that if we encounter a system exception of some kind, instead of trying to navigate back through all of the screens to the main menu of mainframe and start again, we are closing out the mainframe session and attempting to re-launch. However, this is failing every time. In fact when running locally, in order to get mainframe to launch again, I am having to close out of Blue Prism entirely and if running the process on a bot, we're having to reboot the bot to get mainframe to launch again.

I'm wondering if this is something anyone has seen before and if there is a way around it? Is it due to the way I have been closing out the mainframe session or if something else may be stopping me from re-launching mainframe? I have tried a couple of different ways of closing out the session and neither let me re-launch after doing this:

1. Using Terminate Action within the object

ahawq_0-1721642693297.png

2. Killing the Process

ahawq_1-1721642786054.png

Any guidance on a way around this would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if any more info needed.

0 REPLIES 0