cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation V5 Issue - Recognizing Calculator Results in Basic Training Guide

MichaelNiemeyer
Level 3
I'm learning surface automation and know that there are inherit challenges to OCR, but can't find any records of this issue. I was working through the training that utilizes the Windows calculator. When attempting to read the number output from the calculator, no font can be identified. I tried running through every option of the font identification, and only a small handful of results return; however, none of these are correct, as the rendered image is not even close to what I entered. System administrators have the setting locked down, but I know that font smoothing is disabled. Has anyone else encountered this issue/ have ideas on factors that impact the rendering? Image is attached.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Is font smoothing/cleartype turned off on your PC as per instructions?  Also, if you are using Windows 10 there is a separate version of the intro training document with a different calc training app for you to use.

MichaelNiemeyer
Level 3
My mistake, I realize I missed a few key details-yes, I've disabled font smoothing. I'm logging into Blue Prism on Win2K8(R2) from my Windows 7 computer.