cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
114.png
Community Blueprints are tried-and-tested examples of automation projects, created by our community members. You can submit your own project to the Blueprints library here.

Improving bank statement data capture speed and quality with Decipher IDP

Which industry did you deploy this use case in?

• Financial Services

Which functional area / department within the organization benefitted most from this automation?

• Finance

Which SS&C Blue Prism tools did you use?

• SS&C Blue Prism Enterprise
  • Decipher IDP

Describe the problem your automation aimed to solve

The automation sought to improve the speed and quality of data capture from bank statements, as well as reduce human error.

Provide a brief, step-by-step outline of how you set up your automation

Discovery
Our customer reported the problem and provided an overview of the goals.

Design 
I sought to understand the process step by step. This included listing all the compliance rules that the process required, documenting the "AS IS" state of the process and the TO BE desired state. I then requested approval from the client, and acquired the necessary system access.

Build

The automation was built using :

Blue Prism Enterprise to extract data from the system, to capture PDF files from the system, to fill in template files and for the messaging / alerts steps of the process.

We used Decipher IDP to capture and interpret data from bank statements.

Quality Assurance

• UAT Phase - We create test scenarios with the client that replicate the kind of data this automation would need to handle. Success!
  • Delivery - We implemented the process in production with customer monitoring
  • Hypercare - We monitored the execution of the process for 1 week

What were the main challenges you faced during this project, and how did you overcome them?

The biggest factor here was machine learning. Training Decipher IDP using templates until it achieved a 100% confidence rate took time, but was worth it for the sustainability of the process.

What was the impact of your project?

Huge. We successfully improved both the speed and quality of data capture from bank statements!

Like this Community Blueprint? Be sure to click the "Recommend" button to reward the author! You can also ask the author questions about this Blueprint by clicking "Reply".

------------------------------
Guilherme Morandini
Consultant RPA
Avanade Brazil
São José dos Campos
+5512981637307

Comments
Michael_S
Community Team
Community Team

@Guilherme Morandini soooooo gooooood!

What did you train Decipher IDP with? Did you use past examples of statements?

💙 Michael
(I'm part of the SS&C Blue Prism Community Team)

Hi Guilherme,

I am currently working on a similar usecase. I would like to know more about your process.

Can you please explain more about the how many different bank statement were trained?  Did you used single DFD or multiple DFD ? 

Athiban Mahamathi - https://www.linkedin.com/in/athiban-mahamathi-544a008b/
Technical Consultant,
SimplifyNext PTE LTD,
Singapore

Hi Athiban Mahamathi Mathialagan ! How are you ?

Three different types of DFD were trained. One type of DFD for each type of bank statement template.

Guilherme Morandini
Consultant RPA
Avanade Brazil
São José dos Campos
+5512981637307

Hi Michael ! How are you ?

I trained Decipher IDP using multiple examples of the three types of bank statements.

I used da DFD and a Document Type for each type of bank statement.

Guilherme Morandini
Consultant RPA
Avanade Brazil
São José dos Campos
+5512981637307

Hi, Guilherme,

impressive. How long did it take to reach 100% in Decipher and is it really 100% or close to 100%?

Regards

Zdenek

Zdeněk Kabátek
Head of Professional Services
NEOOPS
http://www.neoops.com/
Europe/Prague
timappleyard
Staff
Staff

@GuilhermeMorandini given we are a couple of months down the track since your original post, how many bank statements are you currently processing through Decipher IDP ?

Hi @ZdeněkKabátek ! How are you ?

To reach 100% accuracy, I believe it is more linked to the number of document examples that the developer will have to train the model in Decipher. In my case it took 2 to 4 weeks to get close to 100% accuracy because I had to capture more sample documents to train the model.

Regards,

Hi @timappleyard ! How are you ?

The process has a volume of 5 daily bank statements

Version history
Last update:
3 weeks ago
Updated by:
Contributors