Blank value supplied for input parameter

MichaelMooney
Level 2
What is the best way I can resolve Warning Errors like this:

Type: Warning
Action: Validate
Description: Blank value supplied for input parameter 'Attachments'
Repairable: No

The field is being intentionally left blank.  I have a process with 75 errors, and 60+ of those are fields intentionally left blank, and I want to be able to more easily see those left blank by mistake.  Is there either a way to say "ignore this error" or something I can always put in intentionally blank fields?  I realize I could probably stick "" in fields like 'CC' & 'BCC' without issue, but expect that might be a problem in fields like 'Attachments', 'Status', 'Subject', 'Sender Name', etc.

------------------------------
Michael Mooney
Management Reporting Analyst
Alfa Laval
America
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Michael,

Yes, go to System -> Audit -> Design Control. From there you can enable/disable or adjust the severity of the validation checks.

You may need elevated permissions to view and edit these settings. The permissions are under System Manager: Audit - View Design Controls and Audit - Configure Design Controls. By default, only the system administrator role has these permissions.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Michael,

Yes, go to System -> Audit -> Design Control. From there you can enable/disable or adjust the severity of the validation checks.

You may need elevated permissions to view and edit these settings. The permissions are under System Manager: Audit - View Design Controls and Audit - Configure Design Controls. By default, only the system administrator role has these permissions.

Patrick Aucoin
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism

DaveMorris
Level 14
Patrick's suggestion is the way to handle it. I just wanted to mention that I do not think there's any benefit to resolving errors that are 'Warning' or 'Advice' level. It may be good to glance over them just in case, but the way Blue Prism is designed, it's very unlikely to be able to resolve all of these errors in the list. I personally only require that the errors of Type 'Error' be resolved, since that's usually the only ones to worry about.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi Micheal,

Thank you for the solution i am looking for this option since so long.

Faiyaz BOT Builder RPA Evangelist