cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Access denied error while trying to connect in Data - OLEDB VBO

Vijaya_BhaskarV
Level 2
Hi,

I am trying to connect to Oracle DB using Data - OLEDB VBO and getting Access Denied error. The error does not have detailed description of the error like access denied to what, OLEDB or ORACLE DB.
I am able to connect to Oracle DB successfully using ODBC in my windows box, but not through Blue Prism.

5765.png

------------------------------
Vijaya Bhaskar V
Lead
IBM
Europe/London
1 REPLY 1

david.flores
Staff
Staff
Hello Vijaya, 

I am including our link to making a connection to an Oracle DB from Blue Prism. This connection string must be built in a specific format and typically the root cause of this type of error, I just want you to verify you are building the string using the parameters as described in this article.
This article mentioned having an issue despite being able to connect with ODBC. The solution for them was to try using he server/sdi vs the name in the tnsnames.ora file.
This article mentioned a lot of items to check. One of the last comments was around ensuring that the TNS_ADMIN variable exists for both the user and the system variables, it resolved the issue for this user in the article
This article did a great job explaining other things to investigate, and breaking down the possible causes of the error as well as items to check.

Hopefully one of these articles help your case. Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Regards,

David Flores
Sr. Product Consultant
blue prism
Regards, [FirstName] [LastName] [JobTitle] [CompanyName]