cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Outlook Profiles using Outlook VBO

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6
Will there be any support on reading emails from multiple Outlook profiles using the latest Outlook VBO. As of now, Outlook VBO could only read the default Outlook profile. 
Pranav
52 REPLIES 52

Just to be sure, the profile field is either blank or matching the name of a mail profile, correct? You can verify this by going to Control Panel -> Mail -> Show Profiles.

------------------------------
Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Richardson, TX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ami,
whether I leave it blank, put in the name of my profile or another profile name: I only get mails from my profile. 

Maybe I misunderstood something and/or my Outlook is not configured correctly. In the Control Panel only one profile is shown (mine). I want to send/read e-mails from another account and the owner granted me access to those folders. Therefore I put in the other accounts profile name and subfolder of that account. Then I get an error message because the folder does not exist. Obviously the VBO is checking against folder in my profile and ignoring the profile defined in the stage.

Reiner Volbers

Sounds like you're trying to access a shared inbox. That's where the "Shared E-Mail" feild comes into play.

Suppose under your default profile (typically either named Default or Outlook), your list of folders looks something like this:

My.Email@mydomain.com
>Inbox
>>Subfolder 1
>Drafts
>Sent Items
>etc etc

Shared.Email@mydomain.com
>Inbox
>>Subfolder 1
>Drafts
>Sent Items
>etc etc

Since you have two inboxes attached to the profile, you will need to specify the e-mail address of the target inbox in the "Shared E-Mail" field. In the case of the above example, it should be set to "Shared.Email@mydomain.com" . 

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Richardson, TX

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ami,
thanks for your direction. I got access to the Subfolder1 (your example), but both Inbox and Shared.Email@mydomain.com did not have the "visible" flag set in the Outlook folder access settings. This is done now and with "Profile" left blank and "Subfolder"/"Shared Email" set it's working.

Thanks again, please add this to the official Outlook VBO.

Reiner

Reiner Volbers

Interesting! Can't say I've run across that before. Thanks for sharing!

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Richardson, TX

Hello!

In my outlook i have 4 Shared Emails, and i need that BP get all unread emails from all shared email accounts, how can i do that?

do you can give me a PrintScreen with exemple?

Thanks!

Cleidson Cordeiro

If you need to pull from all shared boxes at once, leave "sharedEmail" blank.

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

Thanks, i dont know why but its not working, see what i got on a exemple email:

6587.png
6588.png
So i have 2 Unread Emails, one from the first inbox and another from second, but when i start the Internal MAP v2/get Mail my Items Data item only get only 1 Row.
any idea?

Cleidson Cordeiro

If you go into the folder properties, are they set to be visible?

Ami Barrett
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Plano, TX

yes, on both:

6603.png

Cleidson Cordeiro