cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Desktop Services - Architecture

LászlóVarga
Level 2
Hi all,

I have recently digested the Remote Desktop Services userguide attached and reviewed the threads on the forum here but I am still left with a question regarding the following line in the userguide page 2 under the Component Diagram: "In this example, the Start RDP Session action is being executed on a logged-out Login Agent Runtime Resource, running as a service..." My understading of this sentence is that a separate RuntimeResource (a VM apart from the RDSH) is needed to execute the Start RDP Session action.

My question is: Is it possible to do away with the standalone RuntimeResource (VM)? Could not the RDSH have a "Master" locked-out session running the LoginAgent service that would execute the Start RDP Session action to start an RDP session on the same machine? I understand that the action is a background one so as many of them can be run at the same time as the license allows.

I hope I managed to get the question formulated properly,
Many thanks for your suggestions in advance,

------------------------------
László Varga
RPA Technical Lead
1 REPLY 1

Hello Laszlo,

First of all, apologies my keyboard doesn't have the default keys to correctly spell your name.

I believe what you propose is possible. Specifically, on the same page as the one you mentioned, there is this segment:

"To mitigate against these risks, the Blue Prism Remote Desktop Services VBO contains an action called Start
RDP Session which, when executed, creates a new RDS session from one runtime resource (the "client") to
another (the "server"). This can be locally on the same machine, or on a remote machine."

I haven't personally tested this myself but I believe the above segment indicates that you can indeed bypass having a separate RR VM (running Login Agent) just for the purpose of triggering Start RDP Session.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services