cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System - Active Directory VBO guidance

StephenDoherty1
Level 3
Hi Guys,

I see there is a VBO for active Directory with functionality such as assing users to groups and creating users etc...

Does anyone know what is required to facilitate this integration? There are no guides on the portal for this.

Regards,
Stephen

------------------------------
Stephen Doherty
RPA Lead
Allen & Overy
Europe/London
5 REPLIES 5

RuthFrancis
Staff
Staff
Hi Stephen,

All our downloadable assets on the Digital Exchange require a guide during submission. Is this the asset you are referring to, https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/active-directory-blue-prism-utility? If you visit the site, under documents is a guide that should walk you installation and requirements. 

Thanks,
Ruth

Ruth Francis
DX Support
Blue Prism
America/North_Dakota/Center

Hi Ruth,

I think Stephen is looking for a guide on how to use the Active Directory VBO. The document attached to the Digital Exchange asset for the Active Directory VBO is copy/pasted from the object's own internal documentation which we can look at from within Blue Prism. Some of the actions are intuitive so that even those not familiar with AD could use them, but I think it would be beneficial to have a real guide for it. It doesn't have to be too in-depth but maybe a few examples for each action would be good.

And also, for a disclaimer, I'm aware that this information can be googled, but it often helps to see examples with screenshot of how the Blue Prism standard VBOs can be used to get us a quick jumpstart.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi David,

Thank you for the clarification! I see what you are saying and agree. We don't have anything available currently that would fit the need so I've requested an updated guide from our technical team. It won't be available this week but I will post it here once I receive it, as well as on the website. 

Ruth Francis
DX Support
Blue Prism
America/North_Dakota/Center

Hi, is there any update on this?

Stephen Doherty
RPA Lead
Allen & Overy
Europe/London

Hi @RuthFrancis Any updates on this please ? Do we have the guide ready now , apologies for chasing here I am getting many requests for the same .
Thanks in advance .​

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------