cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Able to spy but highlight is not working for Java desktop application

MaheshNandanan
Level 3
I am able to spy application using Java. But when i am trying to highlight i am getting Error - Highlighting results - No matching java elements found. This issues is occurring for all the controls like text box, label etc  
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
A critical aspect to realise about application modeller is that the initial selection of attributes is not guaranteed to be a combination that uniquely identifies the element. Application modeller makes the same guess every time and it's up to the user to check and adjust the suitability of the selection.

MaheshNandanan
Level 3
i tired to select & unselect all the attributes. I am able to highlight only window using Java spying. Not able to to highlight any other controls. Is this JAB issue?

MichaelXu
Level 2
Make sure you are attaching to the correct application. For my case, when using the JAB for a Java application on a browser, I had to specify a child index of 0.

MaheshNandanan
Level 3
Other java based application are working fine web i am spying, but this application alone is not working. Do we have any workaround for this other than surface automation?

Hello Mahesh Nandanan, I'm facing the same issue now. Did you find a solution for your problem

------------------------------
Nikoleta Gebreva
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Designer
Bulgaria
Europe/Sofia
------------------------------