cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Queue Usage during Work Queue Configuration

Deepa_SankariRa
Level 3
Hi All, Requesting help on below query : In BluePrism : System -> Workflow -> Work Queue , there is an option for marking the queue as 'Active Queue' which will assign a Process and a Resource Group for the Queue. Is it expected that all the data that I input in the Queue will be automatically picked up by the Process I have associated to it during Queue Configuration. If yes : Please let me know how does it work ? If no : Please let me know how can I Assign data in a Queue to multiple Processes based on input parameters at runtime. Thanks, Shivani
1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think you need to revisit the guide first, it will help you understand the fundamentals better. https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/Work%20Queues%20Guide.pdf You don't assign queue data to a process, a process takes work from a queue via the Get Next Item action. The process selects the queue, not the other way around. Active Queues is an ongoing project with the long term ambition to make queue volume and priority automatically and intelligently initiate processes. It's not there yet, and at present all it really offers is the ability to control the number of process instances running on a group of resources.