cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Queue setup

PankajWalia1
Level 4
I am trying to setup Active queue using the resource pools. I have created a resource pool that I would like to be assigned to the Queue. Nothing shows up on Assigned resource pool drop down on queue configuration setup. Please can you provide some help here.
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Active queues use resource groups, not pools.

PankajWalia1
Level 4
Ok thanks.. can you tell us how to create the resource groups?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
System > Resources > Management > right click > Create Group

PankajWalia1
Level 4
I ran some tests on Active Queue which I configured with couple of resources. In setting the target resources on Active queue we can control the number of bots working the queue. Process keeps working as long as there are items pending in the queue. Once all items are completed, no new work has come in for another few sec, process stops and needs to be manually started again by setting the Target resources. Is this how it supposed to work where Active queue needs to be manually triggered once existing work is complete and there is a lag by the time new work arrives?    

PankajWalia1
Level 4
can you let us know how Active Queues supposed to be working? Do they not start the process automatically once an item is added to the queue?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
That is how the current incarnation of Active Queues works at present I'm afraid. I believe there are longer term plans to improve the functionality but I'm not aware of the timeline.