cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Spying

LauraBignell
Level 3
Hi All,

I am trying to use Win32 mode to spy Adobe Reader however it always says there was an error during the spying operation.

I know this is because there are two processes in Task Manager with the same name, but i don't know how to get Blue Prism to attach to the correct one.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

------------------------------
Laura
8 REPLIES 8

JeroenOosterho1
Level 2
Hi,

Try turning off "Enable Protected Mode at Startup" in the preferences under Security (Enhanced) in Adobe. I remember this being necessary for me in order to spy Adobe correctly.

Jeroen Oosterholt

Looks like it was already switched off

Laura Bignell

Hi Laura,

Try to use "Child Count" attribute in Application Modeller. Initial value will be "0" just adjust it by giving input value varying from 1-9 till the corresponding  window is attached.

Thanks,
Gerald

Hi Gerald,

I'm unable to get to that attribute as the only way i can Spy anything in Adobe is using UIA mode and even then it doesn't highlight anything when i try it

Laura Bignell

Laura,

Please find the attachment for reference,

Pass value in "Child Index" in navigation stage - Attach

Thanks,
Gerald

That seems to work now, thank you

Laura Bignell

* Add on

Once the window is attached you may need to use Surface Automation Techniques to fulfill your automation since Adobe reader application may not provide the root element attributes. 

As a best practice you may need to apply surface automation

Hi Gerald,

what i am trying to do is open a pdf file and print it, i am able to spy "file" and "open" but once the windows box appears i'm unable to do anything. I also tried a "start process" action to open the folder path but once there i am unable to open the files inside that folder to print them. If you could help me with that i would really appreciate it - i am a total Newbie at all this

Laura Bignell