cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any settings for better UIA/(AA) performance?

ChristofferPett
Level 2
We have been doing some development on several machines over the summer with a shared database, so all objects are the same, but we still have some issues regarding spying using UIA/AA mode on some of the machines. The application is the same version on all machines and the attach is the same, however on one of the machines we can get a very detailed Elements Tree in both UIA and AA, and on the rest of the machines we get close to nothing (just the main window more or less). See the attached file. As we know that the BP Object is the same, and the application Version is the same... We think there is some settings that could be configured to improve UIA and AA on all the machines. Any idea?
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Christoffer - I know you've said they are the same but I can only think there is some difference between the machines. Is the Windows Automation API the same version on both? Are Windows updates the same? Could something on one machine be acting differently, such as antivirus? I'm not sure what the answer is so I'm just making suggestions.

ChristofferPett
Level 2
We are running on the same build of Windows 10. And I havent done anything specific around the Windows Automation API.... Bu I will try to figure out what version we both are running.  Thx

kawaycheung
Level 2
I posted a solution to a similar problem here.

------------------------------
kaway cheung
medewerker communicatie en begeleiding
aegon
den haag

Hi Kaway, 

Can you tell me how you managed to register UIAutomationcore.dll ? I have an error message saying that the module was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found. Make sure the UIAutomationcore.dll is a valid dll file. 

Thanks for your help. 
David

David GARSI
Technical Lead
Accenture
Europe/Paris