cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Attach Issue

PrajjwalRai
Level 5
Hi,

I am trying to automate an application, but whenever I launch it it does not remain attached. Also, I can not attach to it using any option provided. However, when I launch Blueprism as an administrator, then the application works fine. Can someone guide me on how to resolve this? 

------------------------------
Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited
5 REPLIES 5

ChandanRaju
Level 3
Hi Prajjwal,

Few applications tends to show this behavior of detaching itself while launching (windows based mostly). In this scenario you can create another object and attach it to the application separately. Hence you will have 2 objects for the application- 1. to launch , 2. to attach and work

Please do try this and confirm its behavior if it doesn't work or you have already tried it.

Thanks
Chandan

Chandan Raju

Hi Chandan,

This is not a conventional issue which I have raised. I have already tried your suggestion and it is not working.

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Hi Prajjwal,

What type of application are you trying to attach? Chandan had a good suggestion. However, for any action you are performing make sure you always start with the attach function for resiliency. See if you can copy the logic of your attach object into the other one you are working with, maybe this could help. Keep us posted.

Alexander Marlowe
Blue Prism
Blue Prism

NingBai
Level 2
Hi Prajjwal,

Did you solve this issue? I have the similar problems here. 
Please keep me posted if you have a solution.

Ning Bai
Senior Consultant
EY
Asia/Beijing

Hi Ning,

Yes, for me the issue was at the system level where I had to change the user level security to lowest in order for the application to work, and also launching the application with highest priviledges

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer