cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeller - Cancel Highlight

TLovett77
Level 4
I'd appreciate an option to cancel the Highlight process from Application Modeller. Currently, if I'm highlighting an element and it has taken longer than 10 seconds, I pretty much know I'm going to have to change some attributes or re-spy the element. In these cases, I'd like to be able to cancel the Highlight effort so that I can make the changes, instead of having to wait the rest of the time for Blue Prism to find it or to time out.

------------------------------
Tracy Lovett
RPA Developer I
Synovus
5 REPLIES 5

DaveMorris
Level 14
100% agree. To go with this, I think it'd be useful to have an input in app modeller that lets us choose a timeout. So, while being able to cancel mid-highlight would be nice, I'd also like the ability to tell it ahead of time I want the highlight to cancel after 5 seconds, 10 seconds, etc.

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Yes, totally agree with this. It is very annoying that we have to wait indefinitely sometimes or kill the app modeller during highlight process.  Another smart addition to this would be to delay highlighting process by 5s or 10s so that we could do required actions in the spying application.For example, spying a dropdown value in a application. You can start highlighting in app modeller , then navigate to application and click to open dropdown.

Hemachandra

Yeah, we were actually discussing this same idea on one of Tracy's other suggestion posts here. #recommend!!!​

Dave Morris
3Ci @ Southern Company
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

That's fantastic !!

Hemachandra

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Totally agree.  Nothing more frustrating than forgetting the tick match index and then the highlight tool disappearing on you for 30 minutes (where you need to kill automation.exe)

Denis Dennehy
Senior Consultant
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London