cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeller - Parent URL

Izhar.Khan
Level 3
Hi,
We have extensively used Parent URL in many objects and elements in Application modeller. Parent URL is going to change in couple of months. Currently it is set to Wildcard such as https://abc* but after two months it will change to https://xyz* which is completely different than the existing one. 

I was wondering if there is any way i could change parent URL on object level in code without going into each element in application modeller. 

I am aware of couple of solutions but that would still make me going into each element and change it. 

Thanks

------------------------------
izhar khan
RPA Developer
Swinton Insurance
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @izhar khan,

I don't think there are any objects available that would allow you to change this. With that said, the VBO and it's associated application model are stored in the database as XML within the BPAProcess​ table. It's conceivable that you could update the XML using code if you take the time to review/understand the format. NOTE: There is NO published documentation about this. Also, if you decide to investigate this route I would HIGHLY recommend that you perform a backup of your database before-hand.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi,

Thanks for your reply :). I would look into this possibility as well. Cheers 🙂

izhar khan
RPA Developer
Swinton Insurance
Europe/London

AvinashRamkumar
Level 4

Hi Izhar,

You might want to consider changing the wildcard to dynamic type and set the parent URL via a data item, so that in the future if the Parent URL changes​ again would be easy to manage.

Although it requires a one-time manual effort of changing everything.

Thanks

Avinash Ramkumar

Hi Avinash,

This was already on the cards if there is no straightforward solution for this issue :).

Thanks

izhar khan
RPA Developer
Swinton Insurance
Europe/London