cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Modeller does not identify elements in centrix data solutions app

Paul
Level 3
I am using application modeller to identify elements in the "centrix data solutions" app from the university course. The only elements it picks up are the entire login window, or the close button (X) in the top right corner. I can't for example highlight the staff number or password fields. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I am running on a surface pro with windows 10 OS. Using win32 mode in application modeller, although I tried the others too.

Thanks 🙂

------------------------------
Paul
5 REPLIES 5

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff

Hello Paul

Have you tried with other Spy methods e.g. AA, UIA, etc? Moreover, try running the Blue prism application with admin privileges (Run as administrator) and see if it makes any difference? 

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Karan, thank you for your reply. I tried all modes and the only one that selects anything is win32 mode, and that only gets the full window or it's close button (X), but not the child elements within it. I also tried to run as administrator as you suggested, but it idid not make a difference - I still encounter this issue.

Paul Duffy

Hi Paul.

Click on Identify dropdown button and select Open UI automation navigator from application modeler.

you have to check each element from left side tree element.

You will definitely get your required element.

Please let me know if need any help.

Thanks
Nilesh

Nilesh Jadhav
Nilesh Jadhav.
Consultant
ADP,India

Thanks Nilesh, that works. It's a pity the spy mode isn't working correctly but I can live with doing it this way for now.

Best Regards 🙂

Paul Duffy

Thanks Paul 🙂

Now days this method provide almost every element detail ,few month back it was not that much useful and was showing only few elements.

Nilesh Jadhav
Nilesh Jadhav.
Consultant
ADP,India