cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 7.1 - Runtime Resource ASCR configuration

FelixGerdwilker
Level 3
Dear community,

I am reaching out as we want to upgrade to BP 7.1. So far everything looks sharp. We were able to schedule processes over our App server.

Now when our developers want to run a process from one resource on an other. We hit issues with ASCR:
31265.png
I checked the documentation and there was nothing mentioned on specific settings for the ASCR.

The server is configured to use gRPC an listens on port 10000 for the callback. The RR-connections are using default settings. Even if the schedule is scheduled on the same RR we see this issue.

I checked the windows firewall which is open on port 10000 inbound. So I wonder if this is due to BP misconfiguration or some network related settings we have in our environment.

------------------------------
Felix Gerdwilker
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi Felix,

We're experiencing the same issue and actually met with BP support yesterday about that and other things. We learned that if you're using gRPC for your communication method, the port you select must be open both inbound AND outbound on both the application server AND the client resource.  If you're getting that message, it means the port isn't open somewhere or the communication is otherwise blocked.

We're still working through those configurations (we have multiple intermediary firewalls which complicate things) so I can't confirm that this is the cause, just sharing the info support gave us.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Diane Sanzone

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

diane.sanzone
Level 7
Hi Felix,

We're experiencing the same issue and actually met with BP support yesterday about that and other things. We learned that if you're using gRPC for your communication method, the port you select must be open both inbound AND outbound on both the application server AND the client resource.  If you're getting that message, it means the port isn't open somewhere or the communication is otherwise blocked.

We're still working through those configurations (we have multiple intermediary firewalls which complicate things) so I can't confirm that this is the cause, just sharing the info support gave us.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Diane Sanzone

Hi Diane,

thanks for your input. It really did the trick. We had the firewalls not configured on both sides correctly and thus it did not work. Also the callback ports were not set to the same as on the server. Finally a localhost entry snuck into the BPServer config which I am sure I had changed after I created the config. Anyway it does work now and now I will have to work on permanent changes to our firewall. Thanks a lot!

Felix Gerdwilker

Venkata_Pranav_
Level 6

Make sure your ASCR setting here at hostname has the server name, and not localhost. 

31259.png

Pranav
Pranav