cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP not Attached after Launch of Edge Browser Application

KirstyWebb
Level 2
We have recently noticed that when in debug mode the launch actions we have created for Edge Browser no longer automatically attach to the instance of the browser.

to combat when stepping through after the launch stage we are having to step through our attach action to enabling spying and to continue stepping through.

Is this something anyone else has experienced? any advice on how to combat this would be great

------------------------------
Kirsty Webb
Automation Service & Operations Manager
The Co-op
Europe/London
15 REPLIES 15

Hi Kristy

Yes I did observe the same issue when I try connecting to a dynamic wait I used to get an AMI error, at the time of spying BP will not identify elements in  Edge unless we attach to it.

Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
Wonderbotz
India
Babjee Vangipurapu
Senior RPA Developer
India

Thank you for the suggestion, Mukesh. I was using the launch action instead of the attach action, but I'll look more closely at this idea.

John Schreier
RPA developer
United States
John Schreier RPA developer United States

@John Schreier Cheers ! let us know how it goes !

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB
Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Mukesh,

A company with which we're contracting suggested I change my browser settings to avoid this problem. With Edge's system settings configured as seen below, my problem has been gone for a few days and not resurfaced.

11971.png

John Schreier
RPA developer
United States
John Schreier RPA developer United States

@John Schreier - Thanks for sharing the update John, glad its up and running and it is indeed very useful info on the settings part ! 

Cheers !!

Mukesh

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

Hi John schreier,

There is a bp article related  to this issue.  Based on the version you might need to change few settings.

https://support.blueprism.com/en/support/solutions/articles/7000076733-bpe-error-the-browser-extension-was-not-detected-when-attempting-to-launch-a-browser-based-chrome-

-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer"

Harish M
Lead developer
America/New_York TX
-----------------------
If I answered your query. Please mark it as the Best Answer

Harish Mogulluri