cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism 6.5.1 Running Slow/Nonresponsive After October Windows Patch

BrentonWestwood
Level 5
​​Hello all,

Has anyone experienced issues with Blue Prism running very slowly or hanging following that last Windows patch in October (I believe a second patch beyond the normal Windows Security Patch, an out-of-band browser update)?   The symptoms that occur are things such as a Reset takes about a minute to finish and Blue Prism becomes non-responsive for a minute or more (seems like forever when trying to get my work done).   Also, now a "Print driver host for applications" process will be found running under the Automate.exe process.   If that "Print driver" process is ended, Blue Prism will respond after about a minute and may work OK for an hour or so until this issue repeats.  

It seems there may be issue with this patch:  https://www.computerworld.com/article/3445376/a-troubled-update-to-critical-browser-patches-for-october-patch-tuesday.html.   One issue that may be related is: Applications and printer drivers that utilize the Windows JavaScript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs may fail to behave as expected.   I wonder if this DLL is used by Blue Prism.

Please share your experience if this is happening to you and your suggestions.   

Thanks

------------------------------
Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company
------------------------------
0 REPLIES 0