cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Crashing on Send Email code in Blue Prism MAPIEx

UrvijaBabanjee
Level 3
​Hello,
I am facing an issue in Blue Prism Mapiex.
When the process reaches the stage of send email (Mapiex Send email), It sends the email but right after that Blueprism crashes.

Now I have 32 bit Outlook, i did the Mapiex setup again - all Mapiex related dll files are in Program Files/Blueprism Limited/Blueprism Automate
Mapiex setup : BluePrismMapiEx2.0.6

Any pointers will be of great help.

History:
I was using Outlook 64 bit earlier -  with 64 bit Blueprism was crashing without sending emails. -  i uninstalled 64 bit and installed Office 32 bit but still the same issue of Blueprism crashing.

------------------------------
Urvija Babanjee
TL
Infosys Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata
6 REPLIES 6

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
MapiEx crashes randomly even when it works. Consider switching to anything else: Outlook, smtp, EWS

Andrey Kudinov
Project Manager
MobileTelesystems PJSC
Europe/Moscow

ShashikantPatil
Level 3
Hi Urvija Babanjee,

We were facing same issues then we switched to MS Outlook Email VBO.
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-7/en-us/advanced-installation.htm?Highlight=Outlook%20Email

Best Regards,
Shashikant

Shashikant Patil
Senior Associate
Cognizant
America/New_York

​Thank you for your reply.

Oh..
Is there no way to fix this Mapex issue but to move out to other alternative methods?

Urvija Babanjee
TL
Infosys Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata

​Thank you for your reply!

I did try MS Outlook VBO, but it shows a popup on Outlook that an external application is trying to send emails on your behalf. Do you want to allow. (attached)
Unless we allow this, the code is Blueprism is dormant and doesnt proceed.
The only way to disable this pop up is to update the Programmatic Access Settings in Outlook. Unfortunately these settings are disabled in the organisation. (attached)

Is there a way to fix the Mapiex issue?

Urvija Babanjee
TL
Infosys Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Urvija Babanjee,

Please go through this guide, Microsoft suggesting 2-3 alternatives I hope this will be helpful. 
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/security/a-program-is-trying-to-send-an-email-message-on-your-behalf

Shashikant Patil
Senior Associate
Cognizant
America/New_York

UrvijaBabanjee
Level 3

I noticed a behaviour:
When Outlook is running when blueprism runs Mapiex send email code, It worls fine (email sent, without crashing)
This behaviour is weird and we could not pin point the reason for this.
And also
This worked absolutely fine in a differnt machine (Email sent without Blueprism crashing and without Outlook open).

So for now as a workaround fix, We just launched Outlook before running the process.

(Outlook VBO did not work because of the popup that we were getting when using it and there is no way to disable that in my organisation.)

Thanks all for your responses and help! Really appreciate it.

Urvija Babanjee
TL
Infosys Ltd.
Asia/Kolkata