cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Foundation Training Consolidation Exercise - File Not Found error

ElaineDuff
Level 2

Hi,

I have set up my process flow for Create Orders and have added the path to the Orders.csv file.  I can see the file in the saved location and can manually open it via Excel.  I copied the path into the data item.  When I flow through the process, I am getting a File Not Found error.  

I am using Blue Prism training version 7.3 and I've attached screenshots below.

36054.png

36055.png

36056.png

36057.png

Can anyone advise how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Elaine

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Elaine,

In the file path data item you need to remove the quotes around the path and chrck again..

If you are using in data item we should not use quotes   if  it is directly used in action or calculation stage then need to use quotes around the path.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Elaine,

In the file path data item you need to remove the quotes around the path and chrck again..

If you are using in data item we should not use quotes   if  it is directly used in action or calculation stage then need to use quotes around the path.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

ElaineDuff
Level 2

Thanks Harish, that worked for me 

MichealCharron
Level 7

@Elaine Duff

Just to add to what @Harish Mogulluri pointed out; an easy Rule of Thumb throughout Blue Prism is:

If you see a calculator button beside the input box, your strings must be enclosed in quotes:

36052.png
If you see a button with just dots (2 or 3), your strings should not be enclosed in quotes:
36053.png

Micheal Charron
RBC
Toronto, Ontario
Canada