cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism HUB 4.4 Installation Issue

Hi All, 

Good Day!

I am facing the below error while installing Blue Prism HUB 4.4.

4347.png

I have installed Blue Prism in same SQL server. Kindly help me to resolve this issue.

------------------------------
Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828
4 REPLIES 4

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Ram,

Your question is more related to SQL Server connection than Blue Prism. This issue usually comes down to the SQL Server instance name. Consider get to know which SQL Server instance is running on your machine. There is usually an choice between default instance or named instance. Try to follow the instructions in this article to see if you can find yours.

A simple thing you may try is to alter the SQL Server instance name by removing the \SQLEXPRESS bit to see if it works.

Another thing to look for is if the logged in user has permission to the SQL Server instance. I recall the local admin performed the SQL Server installation should automatically acquire permission to the instance so it may be unlikely.

If above does not work, you may need to troubleshoot your SQL Server installation further.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

After facing issue in Blue Prism V4.4, I have installed Blue Prism V4.3 in same VM. I did not face any sql server connection issue. 

Do I need to follow any other steps while installing Blue Prism V4.4.

Ram Prasad Gajula
Software engineer
EY
Bangalore
+919704497828

Hi Ram,

You should not. If you have been using the same settings for SQL Server all along, it should just work for v4.4. You may wish to reach out to our support desk to have this looked at.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

I have the exact same problem. 4.3 installs with no issue. 4.4 and 4.5 fail to connect to sql server when configuring authentication db connection. 

I'm effectively stuck at 4.3

Lukas Koczorowski