cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Session logs Archival issue - Available storage options

SrinivasGoripar
Level 3

Dear Fellow Members,

I am reaching out to you to get some insights and best practices for handling Session logs / Database archive for Blue Prism Database.

The Archival feature provided in Blue Prism Control room is archiving the information to the local folder space. Even after running the archive from Control room, Session logs size seems not reduced greatly (only archived 100 MB from few GB space in Database). 

Can some one take time to provide help on the below questions please?

1. What are the options available to store it to cloud storage (say Amazon S3 etc.) instead of Local disk. If this is not feasible is there any other effective way to archive?

2. Archival feature seems archived only certain amount of Data from the available logs structure in Control room. The archived folder occupied ~100 MB size on disk. However Database Contains the data in few GB for Session logs.

Thanks in advance for your time to take a look into my query!

Regards,
Srini

------------------------------
Srinivas Goriparti
2 REPLIES 2

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
Are you doing the Manual or Auto Archival? For your information, If you are doing auto archival then the resource which it has been assigned to, should be available for the archiving process to work. If you are doing manual archiving then start with choosing a small time interval and see if it works. Sometimes, the large amount of session logs to be archived can cause the process to timeout.

I would suggest you to go through the following KB article:

How often does the Automatic Archiving run?

Does archiving allow a network drive to be utilized to store the logs?

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Thanks Karan! for the reply and the KB articles.

This observation was with Manual Archival. I have gone through the articles however the behavior explained above did not clear to me.
More over I ran the manual archive from Interactive client manually.

Appreciate any other thoughts or clues to address this issue.

thanks,

Srinivas Goriparti