cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism Trial - Operation failed – Invalid license type: evaluation

WenqingCao
Level 2
11475.jpgwhy i get this error and why small interface font?
11476.jpgi use this license.

------------------------------
Wenqing Cao
2 REPLIES 2

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Wenquing,

The reason for your invalid license type error, is you're attempting to apply the trial license to the full version of Blue Prism.
To resolve this issue, please download and apply to the trial or the learning version of Blue Prism product.

To resolve the smaller user-interface font, please check your target operating system's display setting where the level of zoom is expected set to 100%.

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Wenquing,

Looking at your screenshots, it looks like you are attempting to license an older version (pre-6.6) of Blue Prism with a new Trial license.

Two things to note here:

1. The Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition were first made available with Blue Prism 6.6 (September 2019).
    • Your installed Blue Prism looks older, I can tell this because of the older icons in the screenshots.
    • Tip: The Help (?) > About option at the top Blue Prism will state the version.
  2. Blue Prism Trial and Learning Edition licenses cannot be 'stacked' (added to) a Blue Prism deployment that is already licensed for the full Enterprise.
    • Your first screenshot indicates that your environment is already licensed for Enterprise. I suspect the Enterprise license has expired.  You will be able to confirm this by selecting the bottom checkbox on the license screen which states 'Show expired licenses'

Possible solution for you:

You'll hopefully know the background to the copy of Blue Prism you are attempting to license with a Trial license.  Assuming you are in the position to do so (if it is not needed), I suggest uninstalling the existing Blue Prism and then install and setup the latest Blue Prism Trial from the Portal, this will also setup a local database for you ready to use your Trial license.

• Tip: The email you received your Trial license with will have all the information to setup a Blue Prism Trial on your computer.

Note: This will setup a new blank database ready to follow the learning exercises.

Chris Strong
Product Manager
Blue Prism