cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism runtime resources goes offline once the login process is completed

RajeshSrirambha
Level 4

Hi,

We have an issue with Blue Prism runtime resources which goes offline once the login process is completed.  

FYI, It is not retired resource. The problem here is that the runtime resource goes offline after the successful execution of the login process and comes back to online (LoggedOut state) once we manually login and restart the runtime resource. The same happens with other resources as well. And Once machine restarted resource PC will connects back to application server.

20252.jpg

Does anyone have an Idea about this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Br Rajesh

------------------------------
Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It would be worth checking the resource machine - event logs, Windows user account, resource PC start up command etc. The job of the login process is to initiate a log in, but it does not wait until the machine has completed the log in, so perhaps there is an issue after the login sequence has been initiated.

Also, be aware that a new instance of resource PC needs to be started when Windows starts, eg with a shortcut in the StartUp folder.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

gmarquez
Level 6
Hi Rajesh,

Was this resource used in any other environment? I would check your list of resources to see if there isn't a duplicate resource in your resource list. Duplicates can happen and you might need to retire the correct one.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the response!

We do not have any duplicate resources in environment. 

A little more background may helps you - We have only one concurrent session allowed. But we have a requirement to run test schedules before hyper care. So we asked Blue Prism to provide a new non-production license. After we uploaded the new license we have seen this issue.

Br Rajesh

Rajesh Srirambhatla
Senior Consultant
Capgemini
Europe/Stockholm

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
It would be worth checking the resource machine - event logs, Windows user account, resource PC start up command etc. The job of the login process is to initiate a log in, but it does not wait until the machine has completed the log in, so perhaps there is an issue after the login sequence has been initiated.

Also, be aware that a new instance of resource PC needs to be started when Windows starts, eg with a shortcut in the StartUp folder.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Thanks for that new information. Following on John Carter's suggestion, I would also suggest restarting your server service after you have added this new license. Sometimes, the server doesn't recognize the new license unless it is restarted.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

>Also, be aware that a new instance of resource PC needs to be started when Windows starts, eg with a shortcut in the StartUp folder.

This saved me.

This wasn't really a new resource PC, just a new user in an existing PC. Ok I think I understand now what you meant by "new instance of resource PC" but I'll leave the striked out part in case it helps others anyway.

In any case, I had no idea why one user was able to log in, run stuff, and log out, while another user wasn't. I was going through the BP Server logs racking my brain. Turns out each user needs a .bat in the Startup folder that runs the Automate.exe to get the runtime up and running as soon as the user logs into Windows.

Thanks!

Jaime Salazar

PRASANTHM
Level 5

1. Check the Event log

2. Check the WIN + R type=> Shell:Startup

a. If Automate shortcut is not there, then create a shortcut from "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate"

b. Again go WIN + R type=> Shell:Startup Right click the Automate shortcut, then properties.

c. In the TARGET field place => "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public /sso /invisible

3. Perform Logout(manually) & Login (Via Login Agent)

Best Regard,

PRASANTH M
Thanks Prasanth Software Engineer | RPA Developer