cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP 6.10.5 - Disappearing parameter descriptions - Bug?

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Folks,

When working on a new object created in BP 6.10.5, I noticed that the descriptive texts in the In parameters have a tendency to be cleared automatically and randomly. The Input parameters in the panel below...
36543.png
...each had a description when the Ok button was pressed. When I returned to the panel a few minutes later, one description had been cleared. I noticed the same behavior earlier when changing the parameter order (Move Up/Move Down) caused two of the descriptions to be cleared. 

Anyone else noticed this?
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff

@PvD_SE I’ve noticed this behavior too. It’s actually something I first noticed in v6.9 I believe. 

I’m checking with support to see if it’s been officially logged.

UPDATE - It looks like a fix was included in v7.0.1 per the release notes.

36542.png
Cheers,

​​

Neel1
MVP
Hello @ewilson - if the bug has originated from 6.9 then along with 7.0.1 , it should have been fixed in 6.10.5 as well.

OR is this not the correct interpretation .​​​

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Neeraj Kumar,

That is certainly what you would think, but it is not the case here. There are significant differences between the code bases of v6 and v7, so they are being maintained in parallel. What that means is each code base has its own fix/release schedule. At some point in the future there will be no further fixes released for v6, and everything will be focused on v7.

Cheers,
Eric​

Neel1
MVP
Thanks Eric for details.