cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prism with Chrome issue/compatibility

RiteshRanjan1
Level 2
Hi,

I am not able to identify any element on the chrome with any mode(Browser mode, UI automation mode, Region mode, etc..).

What I've tried-
1. close all instance of chrome and launch it, attach and tried to spy.-> No result
2. performing attach on already running chrome(requirement), and tried to spy -> no result
3. Tried above steps with & without Using 'Blue Prism chrome extension'.

software version used-
1. Google Chrome (tried with version 65, 72, 74 and 77)
2. Blue Prism 6.3 and 6.6

Constraints:
cannot use "--force-renderer-accessibility", need workaroud without using it.

My observation: Using Google Chrome with Blue Prism 6.6, some time we're able to spy, mostly not.
Blue Prism chrome extension that got installed with Blue Prism 6.6, gets removed automatically from chrome extension after some run.
Blue Prism chrome extension if installed explicitely is not working,

Could anyone please tell me how to deal with it, what all changes that we need to do, so i can spy the web element.
Thanks in advance.

------------------------------
Ritesh Ranjan
1 REPLY 1

SatishPrasad1
Level 4
​Hi Ritesh,

We have faced similar issue ...

Issue Summary - Application elements were able to spy using Chrome -(Version 73+)  but not identified after spying in BP v6.

This is not only with particular website ; Infact any other  web application are also not able to identified after spying.

Can you try spying different application

More details at - http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1303017642

I have not tried 6.6 yet...we are still at 6.4 so cant comment on 6.6 issue but for 6.3 it will not work ...

Blue Prism version 6.3.x, 6.4.0 and 6.4.1 supports Google Chrome version 71 for the Browser mode when automating a web-based application. If you are using Google Chrome version 72 and above, you will need to install Blue Prism version 6.4.2 or later.

30408.png

Hope this helps !

Satish Prasad
Senior Analyst Programmer
Fidelity International
Asia/Dili