cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue prism 6.8.1 and edge extension issue

VratHimbo
Level 6
Hi team,
i've a problem related to the browser spy mode in ms edge.
I've followed the guide provided by BP, installed the extension in chrome market (i have blue prism v 6.8.1) but after restarting either BP and ms edge (also the machine) it doesn't work.

1)  UI Automation mode recognize all the element, so isn't for example an attaching problem
2) I've tried also to follow the guide and create manually the registry key, but it doesn't work
3) I've tried to install from the cmd but it doesn't had any effect, the guide refer to the 6.9 patch, do you know if it's possible to install via cmd also for version 6.8?

I've just read every single post in community, you have some advice excluding reinstall blue prism? 

Thanks in advance,
VH

------------------------------
Vrat Himbo
6 REPLIES 6

expertcr
Staff
Staff
Try checking if the extension is installed and active on Edge.
21384.png

Can you try installing the extension using the Blue Prism installer from the Windows Control Panel and pick CHANGE?
21385.png
Pick CHANGE FEATURE
21386.pngif Edge is Browser extension is selected, try unchecking the box and install, restart, and again enabled again.
21387.png

Also, we have some know issues with version 6.8 and Edge; please look at the following link.

If you keep having issues, please create a ticket or email support@blueprism.com to take a detailed look at your case.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

josecaceres
Level 3
Hi Vrat,

Personally not on edge yet. But have you have a look at this guide?
https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/Guides/chrome-firefox/browser-extension-chrome.htm

jose caceres
analyst programmer
nab
Australia/Melbourne

DaveMorris
Level 14
You can use the Blue Prism 6.9 Browser Extension for Edge. I've recently started using it since I just learned that the 6.9 Extension in Edge works as far back as BP 6.5.

So, you may want to consider abandoning the Chrome extension that can be installed in Edge and instead go straight to the 6.9 one.

Link: Blue Prism 6.9 Browser Extension - Microsoft Edge Addons

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Hi, Just to let you know the "Edge Extension" isnt listed when you do this in 6.8.1

Thanks

Anthony​

Anthony Richardson

Hi,
thanks to all for the reply.
Unfortunately i'm not able to spy elements even with the 6.9 extension on the edge market.
When i tried to pick "Change features" on advanced installation, the edge extension is not present.

Now i've the same problem with chrome, i've installed the chrome extension but it's not working at all, neither the UIA automation mode find the elements, but the attach is correct.

what could it depend on?
Thanks in advance

Vrat Himbo

You'll need to manually install the 6.9 Extension from the Edge store in order to use it.

You'll need to make sure that Chrome is not open when you try to use Edge.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA