cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BluePrism is unable to click/select an HTML Select List

CameronStubber
Level 3
Hi All,   Having some trouble with getting BluePrism to be able to click in this drop down list on a webpage. I have tried the following (spied via Browser Mode in Chrome, it comes out as a List (Web) Type). Click Double Click Focus Select I cant do Select List Item directly, because its not triggering some javascript on the webpage to enable the button I need to click after selecting an item. If I do Select List Item, it correctly changes the item but doesnt enable the button. I also tried some workarounds: Click the element before the list, and send a Tab press. Any ideas why I cant click this element?
3 REPLIES 3

CameronStubber
Level 3
Just want to add that it doesnt work in IE either. Must be something about how BP is adjusting the selected list item.

antonyvp
Level 4
Hi, Have you tried changing the element type to Web Element instead of List(Web).

CameronStubber
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately there was no change to the behaviour. I have so far come up with a region based workaround but I would really rather avoid using Region Spying if I can. What I am doing to get around it is: Click on the Dropdown Region, which opens the list and also gives focus to the element Use Window Press Keys on the Region Parent, to type in the value I want to select from the list. Click on the Dropdown Region a second time, which sets the selected value to the one typed in. Of course, I think this should work as a Browser Spy - perhaps I need to submit an enhancement request?