cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism Connection configuration setup for windows authentication

MadhaviPathare
Level 2

Hello,

I'm not familiar with the configuration.
I have the following blue prism setup configuration in development. Currently, we only have a development server setup and we wish to access this from a different server such as 10.194.2.

Blue prism was installed on a new server, but we have been unable to configure the below connections to another server. There is no information on how the SQL database is configured.

Could you please tell me how to access my existing development database on the new server?
Do I need to make any changes to the below connection?

If I made some changes to the below connection, is my current process and object data going to exit? That shouldn't happen!
16339.png

------------------------------
Madhavi Pathare
2 REPLIES 2

Neel1
MVP
Hello - can you try selecting Blue prism server in the connection type.

Neeraj Kumar
Technical Architect

ChaithanyaKumar
Level 3
Hi Madhavi,
Windows authentication mode enables local Windows authentication with SQL Server, where you can log in with your local Windows credentials. This method will work only if the windows user is mapped with the database user. Since you don't have much information on database configuration, contact your IT team for more info.
                              If Blueprism server is running in your first development environment then you can use IP Address of that environment in database configuration to connect in your second development environment
16331.png
Check if BP server is configured like this, if yes save hostname or IP address and provide the same in database configuration and also make sure connection mode matches in both blue prism server and blue prism application while configuring.
16333.pngHope this helps, mark it as the best answer if it resolves your issue

Chaithanya Kumar K L
RPA developer
Bengaluru