cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism Hub installtaion-SQL setup

CHOKKAKULAPushp
Level 4
Hello, I have been trying to install Blue Prism hub on my machine.  While trying to setup the SQL connection, it is showing connection failed. May I know the solution for this. Thankyou.

16376.png

16377.png

------------------------------
CHOKKAKULA Pushpa
8 REPLIES 8

AlexOliveira
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Do you have SQL Management Studio installed on this machine?

I'd start testing the connection to the database, but using SSMS and making sure you're using exactly the same parameters as the ones in the installation. 

You can also check the event viewer logs to see if there are any errors poping-up there too. 

Alex Oliveira

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response. It seems Hub 4.7 need some SSL setup for SQL, so I tried installing HUB 4.6 and it worked.

CHOKKAKULA Pushpa

Oh, glad to hear it's working. 

Thanks for sharing the root cause. 

Alex Oliveira

Hi @CHOKKAKULAPushp ,

Did you also install SSMS?

Manpreet Kaur
Manager
Deloitte
*If you find this post helpful mark it as Best Answer

Hi Pusha,

We are facing same issue, but before importing SSL Certificate for SQL DB Server just want to check few things.

BluePrism recommended to use separate DB server for HUB, but as it's PoC for now we are using same BP DB server for HUB setup.
1. If we import SSL, any impact to BP Desktop functionality? 

2. Do we need to implement any additional settings for decryption? or any changes needed for BP Desktop setup?

Nagarjuna A

Hello Nagarjuna, 

I haven't done SSL setup for SQL as it isn't needed for HUB 4.6.

CHOKKAKULA PUSHPA

Got it, thanks for your quick reply.

Nagarjuna A

Hello Nagarjuna,

If SQL Server is not configured to "Force Encryption", it should accept both encrypted and unencrypted DB client connection requests. This should allow both Hub's encrypted connection as well as other applications to connect without encryption. Generally, encrypted connections would be a best practice recommendation by default but customers do/can (and I've observed) make a conscientious decision to not not enforce encrypted SQL connections within datacenters.

For BP Enterprise, if secure connection is desired, BP Application Server can be forced to request an encrypted connection to SQL Server. See the following documentation: https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/z-pdf/bpe/install/en-us/blue-prism-7-3-installing-enterprise-edition.pdf. Bottom of page 20, or search for "encrypt=true".

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services