cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueprism server configuration, version 7

GSravan
Level 2
Hi All,

I am trying to configure blueprism server in a machine(windows server 2019).

At first i ran BPserver.exe and configured the default connection.
23953.png

Later i opened windows services and started Blueprism server service but getting  below error
23954.png
when checked in event viewer it is showing the below error
23955.png
BP Server Services details
23957.png
i am not sure why event logs is showing as "Server configuration Default is not defined" even though i configured correctly.

Please Suggest.

------------------------------
G Sravan
7 REPLIES 7

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff

Hi G Sravan,

On the machine where you configure BP Server Configuration, have you happened to configure Blue Prism configuration to the database under the name of Default? You will need to do that using the main BP software.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

I did that but still getting same error.

23909.png

23910.png

G Sravan

Hi G Sravan,

Next thing you can try is to hit the "Start" button on the Server Configuration screen. Kindly note down any error displayed in the console window. That may give you a clue on what is not being configured correctly.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

When clicking start button on the server configuration screen, it is starting fine.

23923.png

G Sravan

Hi G Sravan,

Are you using Blue Prism Enterprise or Learning Edition? If it is the case of the latter, it does not support Application Server.

If you indeed are using an Enterprise Edition, you may raise a ticket to our support desk to have this looked at.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney

Hi Bruce,

I have tried the same using trial edition and it worked when I use my ad account (same credential I used for login to windows) while starting the service.

But when I start the service using Service account, I get above error. All I can see in the event log is the same thing :

Service cannot be started. BluePrism.Server.Domain.Models.InvalidValueException: Server configuration 'Default' is not defined
at BPServer.ServerService.b(String[] a)
at BPServer.ServerService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

I have configured SPN based on service account hence I can't use my own account for service setup. I am able to use authentication server when I configure service using my account but I need to change it to service account now.

It would be great if you can assist me.

Abhishek Kumar

Hi Abhishek,

Please check if the below KB article helps with your situation:

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/-Featured-Articles/1784860762/-Solution-Windows-updates-from-11th-January-2022-causing-authentication-issues-in-Blue-Prism.htm

Otherwise, please kindly raise a support ticket to have this looked at if you are a customer.

Bruce Liu
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney