cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I restrict access to a Work Queue?

AstridStollberg
Level 6
Hi there,

is there a way to restrict access to a BP work queue? 

We have a case, where we have sensitive information stored in a Work Queue and we want to avoid that other processes / users can use "get next item" on this queue.

------------------------------
Thanks & regards,
Astrid
Cheers [FirstName]
3 REPLIES 3

ChenglungTsai1
Level 5
I'm really interested in how to make this happened.

Chenglung Tsai
Consultant
Avanade

JoakimEklund
Level 6
Hi Astrid,

I don't think there's any access management for that in current versions.
But some questions, are you using different environments for developing and/or testing and production? Is this functionality only of interest in production environment? I suppose access to create/develop robots in the same environment as that specific work queue would grant the ability to use "get next item" on the work queue and expose it to a user, other than that I can't think of any other way that a user can use "get next item" on that Work Queue. Given that you use separated environments, aren't you doing any validation/testing of what is being created/developed? Like a review or acceptance test of what's been developed? I feel like that would be a good mitigation for potentially exposing that sensitive information to someone unauthorized.

/Joakim

Joakim Eklund
Senior RPA Developer
Swedbank AB
Europe/Stockholm

peterlacken
Level 7
Try clicking the Active Queue option on the Work Queue configuration screen. That allows for process and resource group allocation. I can't say I have tried it but an idea for you to play with 🙂

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no