cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open IE when robot is triggered

LuigimariaCerto
Level 3
Good morning,
I'm having a problem with the final step of my process integration. 
When I'm working on debug mode everything works but when I start the process in "production" mode Internet Explorer doesn't start.
I set the Login Agent as the images shows.
13288.png
Can you help me figuring out why Iexplore is not started? Thank you. 
PS:the "check logged in" doesn't work. Always give false as a result and IDK why. (debug mode and production mode).
Thank you

------------------------------
Luigimaria
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Luigimaria

The Log In step must be in a separate process; you should use the process provided with the Login Agent release file. The reason for this is because the Resource PC that is running before the user logs into Windows will be closed down after log in. A second Resource PC should then start after the user logs in (eg via a shortcut in the Startup folder) and it's on this machine that you should run the process that uses IE.

When the user logs out of Windows, the Resource PC closes (just like any other user application) and the Login Agent service restarts the original Resource PC (which you cannot see because the user is logged out an there is no desktop). And yes, it is confusing!

John

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Morning,
thank you for your answer and I did as you told me.
Unluckly when I try to launch the Log In process I get this error "ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CF4CC405-E2C5-4DDD-B3CE-5E7582D8C9FA} failed due to the following error: 800703fa Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703FA)." referring to the check login stage.
I think this problem is related to I written in the main post: the "check logged in" doesn't work. Always give false as a result and IDK why. Do you why the login check doesn't work?
Thank you for your help!

Luigimaria

Hi Luigimaria - it's probably best to contact the Support team, this forum isn't the best place to diagnose issues.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

Ok I will report this error to the support team. Thank you

Luigimaria