cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we import BP Process/Business Object xml file into a desired directory in Blue Prism using AutomateC.exe

SaiGajjala_Venk
Level 3
Hi Team, We are trying to use AutomateC.exe commands to import VBOs/Processes in xml format. But they are imported to a base folder. And then we have to manually move the object to a desired directory in the studio. We are investigating if there is a way to import the vbo to a given directory, but we do not see such option in automatec.exe . We see that when we can import a BP Release file to other environments, the meta data of the processes and vbo are stored and they are imported to the correct directories as seen in the lower environments. Since there is no functionality to import bprelease files using automatec, we are limited to only import the individual xml files. But it would really helpful if there is a way to import the files to the desired location in the BP studio. Thanks, Sai
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I agree, neither is ideal but for now those are the only option I'm afraid. Probably the best method is to make a 'Utility' release of all the objects and the containing folder, then you have only one manual import operation to have everything set up as you want it.

SaiGajjala_Venk
Level 3
Thank you for your response John. I noticed that the meta data information like folder path of each process are stored in various tables in Blue Prim Database tables. I see that when a vbo is moved manually to a different folder, the database records are updated appropriately. I was wondering if we can update the records in the Database tables in the same manner if we want to move a process/vbo to a new or a different Folder. This may not sound robust, but we are trying to evaluate all the options to build a automated way of deploying objects to higher environments without manual intervention. Thank you, Sai

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes it's possible to manipulate groups via the DB but there is always a risk that you inadvertently cause damage that affects the whole environment.