cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome 76 Update - BP no longer able to use HTML identification

SebastianBahri
Level 2
Hello!

We have done several web application automations with Chrome before it updated to v 76 this week. And they have worked fine with all identification methods i.e. HTML / UIA etc.

Earlier versions of Chrome required to Disable a setting within "Chrome:Flags" called "Enable Network Service" in order for Chrome to function with BP. However in the latest Chrome update v. 76 this setting has entirely disappeared from the settings and BP is unable to identify, highlight or interact with elements using HTML identification that was earlier possible. Also note that UIA is currently working.

Any ideas how to get the updated Chrome 76 to work with HTML identification?

Thanks

------------------------------
Sebastian
Solutions Consultant
9 REPLIES 9

GopalBhaire
Level 10

I'm on Version 76.0.3809.100 had had no problem using Browser Mode for spying or identifying previously spied elements, I'm using BP 6.5 with chrome extension 2.0.0.1, can confirm chrome://flags/#network-service is no longer visible.

Close all the chrome process and run chrome.exe --force-renderer-accessibility and then try to spy, if not I think you'll have to reinstall chrome.

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi,

I have the same problem.

@GopalBhaire, In Blue Prism version 6.4.0.8445 your approach does not work. 

@Sebastian Bahri have you found a solution for your problem? Which BP version are you on?

Adam Belica
Software Engineer
EPAM Systems
Europe/Warsaw

@Gopal Bhaire Thanks for your input
@Adam Belica I'm using BP 6.4.0.8445​ and the Chrome extension is 1.0.0.X

We've been using Chrome with the chrome.exe --force-renderer-accessibility parameter, but this only enables UIA. Terminating and restarting Chrome processes doesn't help either.

It seems that BP 6.5 and the new extension 2.0.0.1 solve this problem, unfortunately we are going to transition to BP 6.5 later in September - so I tried installing only the newer Chrome extension 2.0.0.1 together with BP 6.4, unfortunately this didn't work as I hoped.

Any more suggestions on how Chrome 76 could work with BP 6.4?

​​​​​

Sebastian Bahri
Solutions Consultant

Hi @Sebastian Bahri,

It seems that 6.4 works with Chrome 76 but you need version 6.4.2​.10610 (might be that versions newer to 6.4.0.8445 work as well, but I was able to test it only on 6.4.2.10610)

Bests,

Adam Belica
Software Engineer
EPAM Systems
Europe/Warsaw

Hi Folks,

According to Blue Prism you should use BP Version 6.4.2 for Chrom Version 72 and above.

Amlan Sahoo
RPA Consultant
Equinix
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo

SathyaPandalai
Level 3
I also faced the same issue few days ago. Most of our automation are on IE, but i wanted to test something out. What i found was that i was able to spy but when i tried to highlight, it failed.

Chrome version: Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Blue Prism Version: 6.4.0.8445
Blue Prism Chrome Browser Extension: 1.0.6.3

UIA mode was working with force renderer tag

I then upgraded Blue Prism (isolated test environment) to 6.5.1.14401 and browser extension to 2.0.0.1 and looks like that fixed the issue. I am aware that it might not be possible to upgrade enterprise wise installations just like that, but please try it in an isolated environment to see if it works so that you can make plans for upgrade.

Hope this helps

Sathya Pandalai
RPA Architect
Edison, NJ
Sathya Pandalai RPA Architect Edison, NJ

Hi,

From where you can get extension v2.0.0.1? Seems that in Chrome store there is only v1.0.6.3? 

Raivis Lazdāns
Process analyst/ RPA developer
SEB Latvia
Europe/Riga

Extension gets updated when you update BP. You can manually install it from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/blue-prism-browser-extens/nadpbbdaaifbaebnniobcfpiifbfokij

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture

Hi Raivis,

I got the new chrome extension, when i upgraded from 6.4 to 6.5. If you are not seeing the latest extension in the store, the support team should be able to send you a link for the same. Please check with them.

Thank you

Sathya Pandalai
RPA Architect
Edison, NJ
Sathya Pandalai RPA Architect Edison, NJ