cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected to:

MohamedArshath
Level 2
I am using SQL Express 2019 and I successfully managed to create a database for blue prism connection. But the blue prism is showing connected to : '<unknown>'. I don't know why this comes instead of SQL Express 2019.
26550.png

Please suggest me a solution if you know how to solve this.

------------------------------
Mohamed Arshath
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Make sure the connection is valid by using the Test Connection button
26542.png

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism

I tested the connection and it shows 'database is valid'. But the above problem is still unsolved.

Mohamed Arshath

Hi Mohamed,

I think this is related to the version of Blue Prism that you're using. SQL Server 2019 was officially recognised as "supported" as of Blue Prism 6.8, as can be seen by the enhancement in the release notes under the reference of US-4929. In versions prior to Blue Prism 6.8 connections to a SQL Server 2019 database will show as "" as there is no concept of that version number in the database, so the UI doesn't know what to display in that bottom connection panel.

It is worth noting that while formal support for previous versions of Blue Prism has not been announced for SQL Server 2019, we are not aware of any reasons why Blue Prism cannot be deployed on this platform for development and testing purposes.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Rob

Robert Nicklin
Senior Product Owner
Blue Prism
Warrington, England
Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England

Thank you so much for your reply. I am using blueprism 6.2 and according to your answer, this might be the reason for this problem. Once again thanks.

Mohamed Arshath