cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Configuration

Hi, 

I upgraded the Blue Prism version and setting the connection configuration for the server is working fine.
However when I try to set the connection figuration for the interactive client to connect to the server I get this error
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (see picture)
16454.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

------------------------------
Valgerdur
Valgerdur
6 REPLIES 6

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Hi Valgerdur,

Can you verify the version of Interactive Client is identical to the Application Server?
Can you verify the network connection from the Interactive Client to the Application Server is fine?

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

peterlacken
Level 7
Hi,

Try using the full name of the server including the domain - server.network.local for example, - run ipconfig from cmd on the server if you are unsure of the full name.

also try lower case server name.

of course make sure the service is running on the server too 🙂

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no

Hi Jegendra

Both versions are the same and the network connection is good

Valgerdur
Valgerdur

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. I seem to be using the server full name. Connection to the server service is valid but when I try to establish an additional connection for example interactive client to the server this message appears "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This error tells me nothing.

Valgerdur
Valgerdur

Hi Valgerdur,

Thank you for your reply. 
Can you please verify the logged Windows user account has read and write permissions to the ProgramDate folder?
Especially access permission to the Automate.config file which is located under C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\

Jega Avinasinathan
Customer Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

Hi,

Are you pressing Test Connection to generate this error message? Try just pressing OK and see if you can log in. I have experienced Test Connection giving false negatives.

Sent from my iPhone

------Original Message------

Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply. I seem to be using the server full name. Connection to the server service is valid but when I try to establish an additional connection for example interactive client to the server this message appears "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This error tells me nothing.

Valgerdur