cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to the resource timed out

TimTreharne
Level 2
I have an issue with the above message showing in control room when connecting from an interactive client. If I log into the control room on the app server itself, my resources show as connected and I am able to run processes on them without any issue.
As soon as I log into the control room on an interactive client machine, its shows the resource as "logged Out" but not connected. Our environment is based in Azure therefore my assumption is that we do not have a port open that is required.

Can you let me know if you have experienced this issue and if so the route of communication for an interactive client - i.e does it need connectivity to the resource itself or is it via the app server ?

Thanks

------------------------------
Tim Treharne
Platforms
Capgemini
Europe/London
4 REPLIES 4

JerinJose
Level 10
please check RR IP is listening in port 8181 from control room a simple telnet from control-room to the RR will help

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

The resource is listening on 8181 and working without issue, I can login/logout via control room and run other processes without issue. The issue is only accessing the control room from an interactive client which tells me there must be a block in the connectivity from interactive client - the question is what needs to be open. 8181 and 8199 are open to the App server from interactive client

Tim Treharne
Platforms
Capgemini
Europe/London

To me this looks as if the interactive client communicates directly with the robot resource which would explain this issue - Can anyone from BluePrism confirm this is the case ?

Tim Treharne
Platforms
Capgemini
Europe/London

Hi Tim,

Yes, interactive client communicates directly to RR communication doesn't go through application server. Port 8181 should be open between IC and RR to make it connected in controlroom .  how ever 8199 does'nt need to be open between IC and RR

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*