cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Room No Resources found

PrajjwalRai
Level 5
​Not able to run process from control room, it says not connected to resource.
Please shed some light if someone is facing or has faced similar issue

------------------------------
Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer
Schneider Electric Private Limited
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

si_hoon_young
Level 3
Hi Prajjwal, 

Have you ensured the "Blue Prism - ResourcePC" is running on the target resource? If it is not running, you will need to open command prompt and send the following line.

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public

If the ResourcePC is running, it may be worth closing and reopening your Blue Prism instance as the control room may not refresh properly at times.

Harry Young
Senior Associate
Sydney, NSW
Harry Young Senior Associate Sydney, NSW

View answer in original post

11 REPLIES 11

si_hoon_young
Level 3
Hi Prajjwal, 

Have you ensured the "Blue Prism - ResourcePC" is running on the target resource? If it is not running, you will need to open command prompt and send the following line.

"C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\Automate.exe" /resourcepc /public

If the ResourcePC is running, it may be worth closing and reopening your Blue Prism instance as the control room may not refresh properly at times.

Harry Young
Senior Associate
Sydney, NSW

Hi Harry
I tried the above command on cmd but it says invalid argument​. I have attached the screenshots of the error I get from cmd as well as the control room resource window. If any solution comes to mind, please do share.

Regards
Prajjwal

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Hi Prajjwal,

Is it just me or is there no " " character between "/resourcepc" and "/public"? If there isn't, there needs to be one.

Wing Ling Leung
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

Hi Prajjwal,

As Wing Ling has pointed out, you appear to be missing a blank space between /resourcepc and /public

Harry Young
Senior Associate
Sydney, NSW

Hi Wing
I tried the script correctly, still I am not able to connect to the resource. I still don't know what the error seems to be. Please help.

Regards
Prajjwal​

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Hi Prajjwal,

Can you provide some more information about your environment? It will allow us to provide you better suggestions of things to try. For example, is this a standalone install (ie. no BP Server services, just a Control Room with a locally started RR) or is this a full install with BP Server and separate RRs?

Without more info, my guess is that there is a network issue here. The systems where the RR runs must have port 8181 (default but can be changed) open so you need to check firewall configs, etc. However, if you can access the RR Web Services URL (http://localhost:8181/ws/ replace localhost with a resolvable hostname for your RR,) then it is usually a good sign. BP Server also needs to have its communication port open (default 8199 and configurable) so you should check that as well.

Wing Ling Leung

Hi Wing
I tried running the script again and it worked this time.
Thanks for all the help.

Regards
Prajjwal​

Prajjwal Rai
Application Engineer

Thanks for looping back and letting myself and the community know. Confirming a solution is just as important as discovering and working through one.

Thanks again.

Wing Ling Leung

Hi Prajjwal,

Can you share the steps how you made it work? I think my problem is similar to yours.

Regards,
Ram

Ram Jaymalin