cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot creat ActiveX component

AmerPloskic
Level 2
Hi all, I am experiencing the following problem in Blue Prism: The Word document is generated from the back office system. The document should then be Attached - Saved - Closed. The business object MS Word Extended VBO is used for it because later on the FindReplaceText action is needed. However, the following message is displayed during the Attach Instance stage:  "Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Cannot creat ActiveX component" More info: - Word is only opened once - MS Word VBO gives the same error message - No modifications have been made in the MS Word Extended VBO object - Adding waits gives the same result - The manual process does not give an error message See attached file for the error message. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance!  
4 REPLIES 4

VisheshSethiya
Level 2
Hi, I am also getting the same error for MS Excel VBO.  Were you able to resolve it?   Please share the solution if you were able to resolve.   Thanks

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
Hi, Just to make sure - MSWord installed on robot pc/vm (where process fails)? Manual = debug? Does it work in debug mode on robot pc/vm?

JeremyYong
Level 3
Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue after Windows pushed an update. It recently updated to Office365 (it was mostly fine at this point, only objects using ACE were having issues but I redirected the work towards MSSQL and it was fine) and this weekend, another update installed ""Microsoft Office SPW 2010 uninstall 1.1"". Thanks, Jeremy

Binaya_KumarPar
Level 2
Hi All, Mostly this issue will appear when automation unable to create an instance.So need to check either last session/instance was properly closed or not then it will cause the error.If it is not closed properly ,placed the proper closing method/Exit to close the work book/instance.May it will help to resolve the issue in future.   Thanks, Binaya