cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not identify process owning the current foreground window - Alternate solutions?

IshaSingh
Level 4
Hi Everyone, I am facing an issue while activating an excel window via my VM. I have used AA for spying the excel since it has customised tabs that need to be clicked. I am using the toolbar to activate the window. When I perform a check exists on it, it finds it but on using Activate it throws the error 'ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Excel' on page 'Supplier Search' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window'. I have gone through the Knowledge Base article on this error but the solutions aren't suiting my process. The solution list is: Use the Activate Application function on a Win32 or AA element with the whole application selected: The error itself comes on Activating an application. Setting the Focus on an element within a window, if that action is applicable to the element: The same error comes when I try to focus same element. Immediately after a Launch action has been used, set a conditional Wait for an element of the application before attempting the next action: This is already in place and there are multiple element checks and interactions which come successful. Any help or ideas would help. Thanks, Isha.
10 REPLIES 10

gouthamedara
Level 4
Andrzej.Kaczor, That is good for one instance. What if this is happening regularly? I believe we are following all the security policies as mentioned in the BP document. I am confused why this is still happening.