cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not identify process owning the current foreground window - Alternate solutions?

IshaSingh
Level 4
Hi Everyone, I am facing an issue while activating an excel window via my VM. I have used AA for spying the excel since it has customised tabs that need to be clicked. I am using the toolbar to activate the window. When I perform a check exists on it, it finds it but on using Activate it throws the error 'ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate Excel' on page 'Supplier Search' - Could not identify process owning the current foreground window'. I have gone through the Knowledge Base article on this error but the solutions aren't suiting my process. The solution list is: Use the Activate Application function on a Win32 or AA element with the whole application selected: The error itself comes on Activating an application. Setting the Focus on an element within a window, if that action is applicable to the element: The same error comes when I try to focus same element. Immediately after a Launch action has been used, set a conditional Wait for an element of the application before attempting the next action: This is already in place and there are multiple element checks and interactions which come successful. Any help or ideas would help. Thanks, Isha.
10 REPLIES 10

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Isha - try spying the main window as a Win32 element and use that to call Activate. I find this tends to be more reliable.

IshaSingh
Level 4
Hi John, The main window does not get spied. There's a small box that comes close to the boundaries if I try to spy the window. See attached image please.  

IshaSingh
Level 4
This error comes only when I'm running this on a runtime VM. When I try to run it on my interactive client for testing, it runs perfectly.

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
I encountered the same error, when there were multiple users logged in into the same system. That could also happen if the user has been connected to the machine using windows ""Remote Desktop Connection"".   Id' try to restart machine and then log in into it using ""log in"" action for ""user Agent"" object.

TomMaloney1
Level 3
Have you figured out a solution to this issue yet?

IshaSingh
Level 4
Hi Andrzej, Yes you're right. This was the problem. Thanks! @Tom: Yes this is solved 🙂

RaviKumar3
Level 5
Sorry, but I am also facing the same issue and even I did not get what is the exact solution..Please elaborate in detail if you can?  

Nripa_KrishnaMa
Level 2
I believe Isha was referring to Andrej's solution above. I'm facing the same problem. I have tried same solution. I'm yet to check the result of this though.

Nripa_KrishnaMa
Level 2
Update - I have tried the solution and it did work for me.