cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB username and password

RafficAhamed
Level 2
Hi,

Kindly review the attached recording video and provide your suggestion for my request.

After the installation it's asked me to enter DB username and Password (which is already created by blue prism), but I not sure what username and password it's should be? even I have not create blue prism username and password before.

Thanks,
Raffick

------------------------------
Raffic Ahamed
1 REPLY 1

bruce.liu
Staff
Staff
Hi Raffic,

You seemed to have a Blue Prism installation already done on the machine. Since you were prompted for "LocalDB Connection", I believe you had Learning Edition installed previously. And this time you were trying to install a Blue Prism Trial Edition on top of that. Please note that Learning Edition uses SQL Server Express LocalDB as its data source while Blue Prism Trial Edition behaves exactly like the Enterprise Edition, which expects a working SQL Server instance to work. Neither Trial Edition nor Enterprise Edition is compatible with the SQL Server LocalDB. This means you do not have a direct upgrade path from Learning Edition to either Trial Edition or Enterprise Edition, a new Blue Prism database must be created from scratch in those editions.

Not sure the exact reason why you were migrating from Learning Edition to Trial Edition but the best cause of action would be getting everything packaged up in a release from your Learning Edition and import it to a new blank SQL Server database configured by the Trial Edition. I would suggest you attempt restore Learning Edition in order to get access to your previously saved Blue Prism processes and objects again.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Liu
Senior Product Consultant, Professional Services
Blue Prism
Australia/Sydney