cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings Time - 2 a.m. Did Not Exist This Morning - Schedule Impact

BrentonWestwood
Level 5

2 a.m. EST did not exist this morning -- app server Event Log shows Blue Prism does not show any events in the 2 a.m. hour.   Time changed from 2 a.m. to 3 a.m. and depending on your Scheduler - Resilience setting, schedules in the 2 a.m. hour were never run.   We have a 15 minute Scheduler - Resilience setting and so any schedule run between 2 a.m. and 2:44 a.m. was not run.    Due to the 15 minute Resilience setting, 2:45 a.m. to 2:59 a.m. schedules were picked up at 3 a.m. to run.   There was no important schedule designated to run in the 2 a.m. - 2:44 a.m. time frame and so nothing important was missed for us but this is just an interesting "issue" to be aware of for next year in case we schedule important things to run at 2 a.m.    I know that updating the Resilience setting to 1 hour could seem like a good idea but if something needs to run within a timeframe, that could cause things to run after that window and so updating the setting beyond 15 minutes doesn't seem good just to overcome an issue that happens once a year.   Also, I wonder about what happens in the Fall and if schedules at 2 a.m. may try to run twice.   Anyway, this is kind of funny and scary at the same.    I wonder what impact this had on others and I wonder how others may alert themselves if something should have run during a window of time and Blue Prism doesn't even have any display of the schedule in the Recent Activity nor any Session created in that window.    I have things query the database for run terminations, "schedule - resource offline" issues, missing resources, pending sessions, long running sessions, sessions in the Warning status (no stage update in over 5 minutes), etc. to send my team email alerts but if Blue Prism does not even try to run a process/schedule and nothing is even in the Event Log, this is an interesting thing to look for...thoughts?

------------------------------
Brenton Westwood
Systems Analyst
Southern Company
------------------------------
0 REPLIES 0