cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decipher - How to handle invalid documents in class verification?

NarendiranThan1
Level 3
I have created three document types and completed class training. Now, If I am submitting invalid document( completely different from trained one), it is still classified with confidence threshold of 100% instead of marking as an exception. (For Example : If I trained three types of invoice and giving any random document as an input, it still classified as an invoice). Can anyone provide a solution?

------------------------------
Narendiran Thangadurai
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Narendiran.

What version of Decipher are you using?

From your example above, you class-verified three documents using a single batch type, following the class training in the help (Training classification models (blueprism.com))? I mention this because the class training information in the LMS is incorrect and you should follow the instructions in the documentation.

Once you successfully class-trained, you submitted a completely different document format using your batch type and it was classified as one of the document types you identified in the class-training?

If that is indeed correct, I'd take a look which doc type Decipher thought it belonged to to see if you can see why Decipher thinks it is that doc type.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

lookman
Staff
Staff
Hi Narendiran.

What version of Decipher are you using?

From your example above, you class-verified three documents using a single batch type, following the class training in the help (Training classification models (blueprism.com))? I mention this because the class training information in the LMS is incorrect and you should follow the instructions in the documentation.

Once you successfully class-trained, you submitted a completely different document format using your batch type and it was classified as one of the document types you identified in the class-training?

If that is indeed correct, I'd take a look which doc type Decipher thought it belonged to to see if you can see why Decipher thinks it is that doc type.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack, Thanks for replying.

I am using Decipher 1.2 and by following all the steps in the attached documentation really helped me to resolve the issue. I missed the step 4 in the documentation previously. Thanks for helping!!

And I have one more question on that. If I submitted 6 documents(4 with high confidence and 2 with low confidence), 2 invalid documents separated in another batch which state is "Open". Can we have any option in decipher to change that state to "exception" automatically. And also for that 2 documents, the status is normal instead of  exception in Report page. Can we change that?

Narendiran Thangadurai

Hi Narendiran.

I'm glad the classification issue has been resolved.

Regarding your question about exceptions, where are you seeing the "open" state and "normal" status? 

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack.

"Open" state in the Admin Panel -> Batches -> (In the column 'state').

"Normal" status in the Reports -> Volume -> Documents -> (In the column 'document status').

Thanks.

Narendiran Thangadurai

Thanks Narendiran.

I'll take a look.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Narendiran.

I was just checking and the state should be automatically set to "Exception" in the Batches tab. Looking at the documentation (Exceptions (blueprism.com)) you'll find:

16757.pngI'm looking into the reports section too.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Narendiran.

I think the reports status would follow if the batch is set to exception state. So if we can figure out why your batches are not getting flagged as exceptions in the batches tab, then the reports issue would resolve itself.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Narendiran.

After digging deeper into this, Decipher will automatically generate an exception only when it cannot process the document. Since low confidence is the result of processing, Decipher clearly could process the document. Consequently, as far as Decipher is concerned, I think we are out of luck regarding automatically indicating an exception.

jack

Jack Look
Sr Product Consultant
Blue Prism

Hi Jack,

This is exactly what I am facing.
Thanks for sharing many valuable inputs regarding Decipher.

Narendiran Thangadurai Blue Prism Developer